Students Transferring Into or Out of SHRHS

Admission of Transfer Students

Students transferring into The Dudley-Charlton Regional School District (or their parents/legal guardians) must provide certain records from their previous school prior to being enrolled to insure their proper placement, as well as statutory requirements.

These records include, but are not limited to, a transfer card, academic records (including grades to date for the current school year) disciplinary record, health record, and Individual Education Plan, in the case of students with special needs.

Students in custody of the State of Massachusetts, either the Department of Children and Families (DCF), or the Department of Youth Services (DYS) must also provide a letter from their caseworker indicating who the child is currently residing with, where the child is transferring from, who the natural parent(s) are and where they are located, if this information is known.


  1. The School Secretary will obtain biographical information.
  2. The parent or guardian will sign a release allowing the sending school to provide the receiving Dudley-Charlton district school with records.
  3. Student/parent(s) meet with a counselor (and Team Chair in case of an I.E. P.) In the case of a student in the custody of DCF or DYS students, a meeting is required with the caseworker and the Team Chairperson for a student with special needs.
  4. Upon receipt of all records and review by appropriate personnel, an admission decision will be made.
  5. The Secretary will call the home and arrange for the student to start school.

Related Files
Powered by Finalsite