EPP Status (Handout for Students)
What does an EPP mean to you as a student? That a Proficient Score (240) on the Grade 10 Math or English MCAS was not achieved That the State of Massachusetts, had determined that you must keep moving toward a Proficient Score (240) How do you show that you are moving toward a Proficient Score?
1) You must continue to take courses in Math or English and successfully complete them… earn credit in them.
2) You will have to test in Math or English again in your Junior year (in late March to early May) IF you pass that test with a Proficient (240) … you are done with the MCAS requirements :) IF you do NOT pass the Junior year test In your Senior year you will have to...
1) Double up in the subject as a Senior - if you did not pass a class in English or Math in your Junior year
2) Successfully complete all classes in the subject as a Senior
3) You will have to test in Math or English again in your Senior year (in late March to early May)
4) The Principal has to sign off on the successful completion of your EPP plan