New Student Registration
Dudley-Charlton Regional School District - New Student Registration
The Dudley-Charlton Regional School District utilizes a central registration process for all new students entering grades Preschool through 12. Parents/guardians should follow the steps below to register their child(ren) into the Dudley-Charlton Regional School District schools. Registration is not handled by the individual school buildings.
Fall 2016 - Preschool through 12. Registrations are being accepted throughout the summer. Please start the process as soon as possible. If you are moving close to the start of school please call Anne Marie LaFond at 508-943-6888 x270 as soon as possible to coordinate the registration process with your move.
REQUIRED FORMS AND DOCUMENTATION
Step 1 - Parent/guardian should complete the online form for each student being registered.
- Welcome to the Dudley-Charlton Regional School District
- New Student Registration Form
- Charlton Elementary 2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration Packet
- Charlton Elementary 2017-2018 Preschool Registration Packet
Step 2 - Parent/guardian should print and complete forms below for each student being registered.
- Records Release Form
- Home Language Survey
- Ethnicity Form
- Transportation Form
- PreK - Kindergarten - Grade 1, Child Information Form
Step 3 - Parent/guardian should have child's physician complete forms below for each student being registered. A printout from the physician's office with all of the information on these documents will be accepted.
Step 4 - Parent/guardian should gather one document from each column (A, B and C) on the Residency Statement.
- Residency Statement
- Residency Affidavit - To be completed if you do not have a lease and do not own your home.
Step 5 - Parent/guardian should gather documents below for each student being registered.
- Birth Certificate - Original or copy with raised seal is required. It will be copied and returned.
- Proof of Physical Custody - if applicable
- Signed Individualized Education Plan - if applicable
- Signed 504 Plan - if applicable
Step 6 - Please call Mrs. Anne Marie LaFond, District Data Coordinator, at 508-943-6888 ext. 270 to make an appointment to bring all documents above and complete the registration process.
Step 7 - Parent/guardian should withdraw student from the school that they will be leaving and direct the school to send the documents below to the attention of Mrs. Anne Marie LaFond (fax no. 508-943-1077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the school the student will be attending. The individual schools are listed on the Records Release Form. A registration cannot be completed without all of these documents.
- Transfer Card - If transferring from another Massachusetts public school.
- Current Grades - If transferring in the middle of a marking period.
- Last Report Card/Transcript
- Discipline Report.
IMPORTANT - Only after the full completion of the registration will parents/guardians may be contacted by the individual school to complete the enrollment process. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to ensure the District receives the required documentation for registration. Incomplete student registration folders will not be forwarded to the schools for enrollment.