Mandatory Employee Training
The District requires several trainings be completed each year.
Training 1 ~ Laws & Regulations You Need to Know Slideshow
(Click on Picture to BELOW)
This slideshow must be viewed before October 1, 2016, please read through this entire
presentation. Viewing this presentation satisfies the district requirement for annual mandated training. All employees are required to participate. Before October 1, please electronically sign the affidavit at the end of this presentation to acknowledge your participation. Thank you, in advance for your compliance with these legal requirements.
- FEDERAL & STATE LAWS & REGULATIONS OVERVIEW
- FEDERAL & STATE LAWS & REGULATIONS DETAILS
- PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
Training 2 ~ Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training
Chapter 284 of the Acts of 2014- An Act Relative to the Reduction of Gun Violence, was signed into law by Governor Patrick on August 13, 2014. A significant portion of this, is connected to the DESE “Safe and Secure Schools Framework”. Part of the impact on our District includes the following:
· Schools shall provide at least two hours of suicide awareness and prevention training every three years to all licensed personnel.
· New hires shall obtain the training within six months of hire.
In order to meet these requirements , Dudley-Charlton utilizes free video training that is offered through the Jason Foundation. This non-profit foundation has the approval of the Massachusetts Attorney General.
The series of videos in Module 1 introduces the scope and magnitude of the problem of youth suicide, the signs of concern, risk factors, how to recognize young people who may be struggling, how to approach the student and help an at-risk youth find resources for assistance.
The link can be accessed at:
-In the last paragraph, connect to the link that says “click here”
-Register using the “Sign up” and “Register Now!” buttons
· Completion of module 1 (6 video sessions; ranging from 8 min. to 37 min. in length) will provide an online PDP certificate validating 2 hours of training.
· New hires for the 2018-2019 school year should certify their participation in training by sending a printed copy of their PDP Certificate at the end of training to Sandra Sullivan at the District Office, no later than October 1, 2018.